Thursday, August 18, 2005

Book Review - Chainmaille

Book Review - Chainmaille Jewelry Pattern E-Book - Culture Jewelry

I like to make a project from all of the books that I receive for review; this way I am able to give an honest opinion about the product from first hand experience. I hesitated to start any projects from Culture Jewelry because I thought that the projects were going to be really time consuming and difficult. Well, I could not have been more wrong!! Matthew Woodbury of Culture Jewelry has another jewelry designer addicted to chain maille! My only complaint was the fact that I ran out of jump rings and could not start another bracelet. -- Lisa

Chainmaille Jewelry Pattern E-Book by Culture Jewelry is an easy to follow, step by step book that teaches you how to create your own distinctive jewelry designs. Once you get the rhythm of each pattern, it becomes a relaxing project that you can do anywhere. The process takes little thought and effort, making it a great project to do while watching TV in the evenings, or visiting with your family and friends.

What makes this e-book stand out above the rest? The instructions to an indispensable tool that gives you two more hands to create your designs, the chainmaille jewelry assembly jig. Without it, I am not sure how designers can create chainmaille! The tool took me 10 minutes to assemble and was a time saver in creating my first bracelet.

Chainmaille Jewelry Pattern e-book covers:
Instructions to build a chainmalle jewelry assembly jig ***
Pliers -- choosing, preparing
Proper technique to close jump rings for a seamless ring
Jump ring sizing
Sources for jump rings and tools
Finishing bracelets and necklaces
Cleaning jewelry
Design
Patterns - 9 different patterns
Take a look at the table of contents: Table of Contents

Full Review

Lisa
Jewelry Making HQ
http://jewelrymakinghq.com
Forum
http://jewelrymakinghq.com/phpBB2/